What We Do
Confrontational approaches to evangelism usually backfire, especially today. At The Great Exchange we use surveys to allow people to open up about their spiritual backgrounds and their understanding of God, Jesus, and Christianity. After they have explained their views, we ask if we can share some of our own beliefs. When students see that we genuinely care and are open to listen, they in turn, are often eager to hear from us.
Where We Go
The Great Exchange has visited over 30 college and university campuses in the southeast. We also work alongside other ministries where one day events feature volunteers and open air conversations about Christ. We are based in Athens, Georgia.
Check out our Events page to see what campuses and cities we will visit in 2017!
What Others Say
“There is no way that’s in the Bible” said Zach, a 21 year old agnostic at the University of Georgia. “I thought the central message of Christianity is: Obey the commandments and God will let you into heaven.” “A lot of people think that,” I responded, as we sat near the bus stop, “but look at Romans 3:20:” ˜By the works of the law no human being will be justified in God’s sight.” That means no one is saved by being good. Can I tell you what the gospel is?” “Yes, I’d actually like to hear it.”
What We Believe
God made Jesus, who knew no sin, to become sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God (2 Cor 5:21). God treated Jesus as if he lived our lives on the cross, and then he turns and treats us as if we had lived Jesus’ perfect life.
The Great Exchange: Statement of Faith
- The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible. It is the infallible, inerrant written Word of God, including the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that it was inspired by the Holy Spirit and is the final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
- There is one true God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Each Person of the Trinity possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
- Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He is perfect Deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
- Jesus lived a sinless life and voluntarily paid for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and achieving salvation for all who trust in Him alone. He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived and died. He ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually intercedes for His people.
- Mankind was created in God’s image. He sinned by disobeying God; thus was separated from his Creator, bringing all humanity under divine condemnation.
- Man’s nature is corrupted; therefore he is wholly unable to please God. Every person is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
- The salvation of man is entirely a work of God’s grace and is in no way due to human works, goodness or religious observance. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifying them in His sight.
- All believers in Christ have the privilege of assurance of salvation from the moment in which they trust Him as their Lord and Savior. This assurance is not based upon human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written word.
- The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, gives them new life, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith.
- Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is made up of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
- God commands His people to gather together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement.
- At physical death the believer enters immediately into eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting glory and blessing. At physical death the unbeliever enters immediately into eternal, conscious separation from the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting judgment and condemnation.
- Jesus will come again to the earth to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to declare the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of every nation. The fulfillment of this Great Commission necessitates that all worldly and personal ambitions be subjected to a complete commitment to Jesus Christ.
After the survey, we often give 21 Day Challenge:
For further information about The Great Exchange contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.